This course focuses on the theory of Ayres Sensory Integration (ASI) and its application to Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). It opens with an overview of ASD and the central nervous system, reviews ASI, and discusses relevant Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention strategies. Case studies are provided.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize elements of autism spectrum disorder and the central nervous system
- Differentiate between key sensory systems
- Identify components of Ayres Sensory Integration
- Differentiate between types of sensory integration dysfunction
- Recall assessment methods and intervention strategies pertaining to sensory integration function in children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
3 CE HOURS